PATENTS AND PATENT APPLICATIONS (17 licensed to industry)
1. C.W. Macosko and L.J. Lee, "Reaction Injection Molding Machine," U.S. Patent 4,189,070, February 19 (1980).
2. L.J. Lee, J.F. Stevenson and R.M. Griffith, "Method of Producing an Extrudate Having Controlled Shape and Size," U.S. Patent 4,425,289, January 19 (1984).
3. L.J. Lee, R. Saito and Y.Y. Chiu, "Modification of Unsaturated Polyester Resins for Viscosity Control," U.S. Patent 5,561,192, October 1 (1996).
4. W.D. White, M.A. Sagai, L.J. Lee, and K. Han, "System and Method for Modeling Plastic Molding and Molding Parts Incorporating the SAME," U.S. Patent 5,581,468 (1996).
5. L. J. Lee, K.W. Koelling, D.L. Tomasko, X. Han and C. Zeng, “Polymer Nanocomposite Foams”, U.S. Patent 6,759,446, July 6 (2004).
6. R.R. Loh, M.E. Polasky, Y. Delaviz, L.J. Lee, X. Cao, J. Shen and B. Patel, “Polystyrene Foam Containing a Modifier-Free Nanoclay and Having Improved Fire Protection Performance”, U.S. Patent 11/221,522 (2005).
7. L. J. Lee, K.W. Koelling, D.L. Tomasko, X. Han and C. Zeng, “Polymer Nanocomposite Foams”, U.S. Patent 7,026,365, April 11 (2006).
8. L.J Lee and S. Lai, “Gas-Assisted Resin Injection Technique for Bonding and Surface Modification of Microfluidic Devices”, U.S. Patent 7,122,093, October 17 (2006).
9. L.J. Lee and C. Zeng, “Clay Nanocomposites Prepared by In-Situ Polymerization”, U.S. Patent 07,129,287B1, October 31 (2006).
10. J. Guan, L.J. Lee and D. Hansford, “Fabrication of Polymeric Micro-Devices for Drug Delivery by Surface Patterning and Self-Folding”, U.S. Patent 7,364,675, April 29 (2008).
11. L.J. Lee, D.L. Tomasko, Y. Yang and C. Zeng, “Carbon Dioxide Assisted Processing and Bonding of Polymer and Polymer Composites”, U.S. Patent 7,501,039, March 10 (2009).
12. R.R. Loh, M.E. Polasky, J.P. Rynd, L.J. Lee, X. Han and K.W. Koelling, “Polymer Foams Containing Multi-functional Layered Nano-graphite”, U.S. Patent 7,605,188, October 20 (2009).
13. A. Epstein, L.J. Lee, C. Lu and N-R Chiou, “Fabrication Methods and Applications of Alligned and Oriented Nanofibers of Polyaniline and Their Derivatives”, U.S. Patent 8,038,907, October 18 (2011).
14. L.J. Lee, G. Zhou and X. Cao, “A Method of Preparing a Composite with Disperse Long Fibers and Nanoparticles”, U.S. Patent 8,143,337, March 27 (2012).
15. A. Epstein, L.J. Lee and N-R Chiou, “Aligned Nanostructured Polymers”, U.S. Patent 8,293,140, October 23 (2012).
16. L.J. Lee, J. Yang, S-K Yeh and N-R Chiou, “Suspension Polymerization and Foaming of Water Containing Activated Carbon-Nano/Microparticulate Polymer Composites”, U.S. Patent 8507568B2, August 13 (2013).
17. L.J. Lee, D. Guerra, S Movva and Y.G. Min, “Layer-by-Layer Fabrication of Sprayed Nanopaper”, U.S. Patent 8,574,677, November 5 (2013).
18. L.J. Lee, K.J. Kwak, B. Yu and Y. Wu, “Tethered Lipoplex Nanoparticle Microarray Containing Molecular Probes for Cell, Microvesicles, Exosomes and Virus Capture and Detection”, China Patent CN103197066B on December 23 (2015).
19. L.J. Lee, P. Boukany, J. Guan and N. Chiou, “Dose and Location Controlled Drug /Gene/Particle Delivery to Individual Cells by Nanoelectroporation”, U.S. Patent 9,816,086, November 14 (2017).
20. L.J. Lee, J. Yu and Y-C Yen, “Graphene-like Nanosheet Structure Network on a Substrate and the Method for Forming the Same”, China Patent CN105274489B on June 19 (2018).
21. J. Byrd, N. Muthusamy, R. Lee, L.J. Lee, R. Lapalombella, B. Yu, “Methods and Compositions for Delivering Therapeutic Agents in the Treatment of B-Cell Disorders”, U.S. Patent Application No. 13/056,009 filed on January 26 (2011).
22. N-R Chiou, L.J. Lee, J. Yang and S-K Yeh, “Surfactant-Free Synthesis and Foaming of Liquid Blowing Agent-Containing Activated Carbon Nano/Microparticulate Polymer Composites”, U.S. Patent Application No. 12/995,042 filed on June 19 (2011).
23. W. Huang, Y Min and L.J. Lee, “Functionalization of Carbon and Non-carbon Particles and Their Applications”, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 61/629,939 on December 1 (2011).
24. L.J. Lee, W. Huang and J. Yu, “Covalently-Bonded Graphene Coating and Its Applications Therefore”, U.S. Patent Application PCT No. 14/409,815 on December 19 (2014).
25. L.J. Lee, J. Yu and Y-C Yen, “ Graphene-like Nanosheet Structure Network on a Substrate and the Method for Forming the Same”, U.S. Patent Application No. 14/335,072 on July 18 (2014).
26. L.J. Lee, K.J. Kwak, A. Lee, “Immuno Lipoplex Nanoparticle Array Biochip Containing Molecular Probes for Capture and Characterization of Extracellular Vesicles”, U.S. Patent Application No. 14/992,169 on January 11 (2016).
27. L.J. Lee, Y-C Yen, T. Lee, D. Chiu and C.S. Lin, “Semi-crystalline Polymer Nanocomposite and Foam Structure and Method for Making the Same”, TW patent Application No. 105121340 on July 6; U.S. Patent Application No.15/220,634 on July 27; CN patent Application No. 201610598896.70 on July 27 (2016).
28. L.J. Lee, K.J. Kwak, B. Yu, Y. Wu and A. Lee, “Tethered Lipoplex Nanoparticle Biochips and Methods of Use”, U.S. Patent Application PCT No. 15/279,545 on September 29 (2016).
29. L.J. Lee, J. Hu and K.J. Kwak, “Highly Stable and Specific Molecular Beacons Encapsulated in Cationic Lipoplex Nanoparticles and Application thereof”, U.S. Patent Application No. 15/880,309 on January 25 (2018).
30. C. Sen, L.J. Lee, D. Gallego-Perez, D. Pal and S. Ghatak, “Compositions and Methods for Reprogramming Somatic Cells into Induced Endothelial Cells”, U.S. Patent Application Patent Application No. 62/530,132 on July 8 (2017).
31. L.J. Lee, Z. Yang and J. Shi, "Method for Producing Therapeutic Exosomes from Nanoelectroporation and Other Non-endocytic Cell Transfection", U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/541,157 on August 4 (2017).
32. L.J. Lee and J. Shi, "A Microfluidic-Nanoelectroporation Based Cell Transfection Method", U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/631,251 on February 15 (2018).